If you use any WhatsApp Business API based platform, you'd know that WhatsApp doesn't allow you to send promotional messages, until NOW (October 2021).
Be it an eCommerce Business, Financial Institution, Online Courses Academy, Automobile Business- sending promotional messages on WhatsApp has been a dream.
If you're one such Business, we have some Good News for you.
You now have the Green Light from WhatsApp to send promotional WhatsApp messages using WhatsApp Business API based platforms.
WhatsApp now allows Businesses across the globe to send promotional messages like special offers, discount coupons, festival wishes and much more.
Using AiSensy, you can broadcast promotional messages on WhatsApp without the risk of getting your number blocked by WhatsApp.
We'll let that sink in...
So, is it a piece of good news? Bad news? Is it beneficial to send promotional messages on WhatsApp? What are the repercussions?
Stay with us and we'll answer all queries bubbling in your mind about the latest policy change(Mid October, 2021) in WhatsApp Business API.
What are promotional messages on WhatsApp?
Promotional Messages are basically messages that contain direct discount coupons, festive offers & other promotional offers that help drive sales.
Were promotional messages on WhatsApp possible before?
Only transactional messages got the nod from WhatsApp
Well, that was the case earlier!
But, the restrictions on non-transactional (promotional) messages have now been removed, and WhatsApp is approving these messages quite easily.
Can Businesses NOW send promotional messages on WhatsApp?
Yes, businesses globally can NOW send promotional messages on WhatsApp!
But, we didn’t just take the word for it! It was time that our team verified the news, so we created & sent for approval various promotional template messages (coupon codes, discount offers, Diwali bonanza, etc).
And, all WhatsApp template messages got approved.
Key Benefits of sending Promotional messages on WhatsApp
- Reach a Global audience of more than 2 Billion users on an investment that is as low as Rs 4200 (3x more competent than Wati & Interakt's pricing)
- Boost ROI to as much as 33x with Broadcasting WhatsApp promotional messages.
- WhatsApp messages have a 98% message open rate, 10x better than Emails & SMS.
- 45-60% Conversion rates- The best the industry has to offer.
Broadcast promotional messages to up to 1,00,000 users in one go via AiSensy. Here's how to send broadcast messages easily with AiSensy.
How to use promotional messages on WhatsApp?
There are many use cases of WhatsApp promotional template messages. Here are a few for which you might need promotional messages on WhatsApp:
- Send product release updates with special discount offers
- Send regular discount offers (only to leads and opted-in users)
- Connect & target inactive customers with enticing discounts & coupons
- Upsell to existing customers
- Send promotional messages on WhatsApp through WhatsApp Chatbot to convert users who query about your product & services.
Our team at AiSensy can help you with template message strategy for FREE! Click here to connect with them instantly.
So, start creating promotional WhatsApp template messages easily with help from THIS guide.
Should you Broadcast Promotional Messages on WhatsApp?
Why shouldn't you?
Sending WhatsApp promotional messages influences your customers' purchase decisions and makes them want to buy your products even more. Messages sent on WhatsApp have 10x more effect a different effect than those sent on platforms like emails and SMS.
People consider WhatsApp as their personal space. So, craft your template message copy in a way that captures the reader's attention and makes them click on the link & become a customer.
We've prepared some Do's and Dont's so that you can prevent any blocks from happening in the near future.
Do's and Dont's for WhatsApp promotional messages
- Keep your message copies short and to the point.
- Personalize your message as much as possible. WhatsApp Marketing is all about a personalized user experience.
- Send promotional WhatsApp template messages to opted-in users only!
- Don’t message at any time of the day- reach them when they are most active and likely to respond. E.g. Sending a promotional message at midnight, you are more likely to get blocked, reported or sent in crafty messages from customers.
- Grammatical Errors- WhatsApp rejects template messages with grammatical errors. Ensure that your promotional message copies are grammatically correct by using tools like Pro Writing Aid or Grammarly.
- Abusive- Avoid using words that might hurt the sentiments of your audience. It'll do more harm than good!
- Say no to technical jargon- Don’t use technical jargon in your copy. Send a conversational, easy to read message without any technical complications.
- Don’t send promotional messages just because you can! Send only to those who have opted in for long-term benefit.
Whether you're running an eCommerce store, educational institution, automotive business, Digital Marketing company or have business across other industries, WhatsApp promotional messages can assist boost your leads & conversions by 3-5X instantly!
WhatsApp promotional messages are here to revolutionize the way businesses market on WhatsApp!
What's your take on promotional messages on WhatsApp? We'd love to hear from you. Join our community to post your views.
To read more about the latest WhatsApp Business API news, features, events and 'How to articles', click here.
Get started with AiSensy right away and become a WhatsApp Champion!