With over 2.2 Billion monthly global users, WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging platforms in today’s world. And it’s obvious that you can reach your customers much more easily and effortlessly through WhatsApp!
What are you waiting for, then??
Okay – Got stuck in choosing between choosing WhatsApp business app and WhatsApp Business API? Don’t worry, we got you covered!
Let us get started with WhatsApp!
WhatsApp has become one of the most important parts of almost everyone’s life! We not only share messages with our friends and family but also with our colleagues. So it also plays a major role in our career.
Let us discuss how businesses are using WhatsApp Marketing for their own good in this article. We will start by knowing all about WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Business App
It is a fast, simple, secure messaging and calling application, that is available on phones all over the world, including:
- iPhone, and even
- Mac or Windows PC
WhatsApp Business is owned by Facebook Inc and allows users to send text messages and voice notes, make voice and video calls, and also allows sharing images, documents, user locations, and other media.
It became the world’s most popular messaging application by 2015 and has over 2 billion users worldwide.
It has become the primary means of electronic communication in multiple countries and locations, including Latin America, the Indian subcontinent, and large parts of Europe and Africa. Businesses can utilize the popularity of WhatsApp for various reasons.
WhatsApp in businesses
Conversational Marketing is the approach of encouraging one-to-one conversations with customers at scale and is becoming increasingly important for enterprise companies, leading to increased interest in utilizing WhatsApp for business use. For helping businesses to communicate with customers at a scale via Whatsapp, they came up with two new tools!
- WhatsApp Business App
- WhatsApp Business API
WhatsApp Business Features
Whatsapp has various features that help it to sustain itself as a top messaging application. With a WhatsApp Business account created with WhatsApp Business App, you can:
- Send Broadcast to 256 people,
- Set up auto-replies for welcome & away messages
- Share documents, location, etc.,
- Operate WhatsApp Business Account on 5 devices (1 Mobile + 4 PCs)
Comparison - WhatsApp Business App Vs WhatsApp API
WhatsApp Business can be used based on your own required may it be for commercial or for marketing or even for support, but choosing the right one can play a major role!
The first and foremost difference is based on whether your business is either Small or Large. The features and capabilities for small and large will differ significantly. Other differences could be based on the number of customers, the number of employees, service type, and so on.
WhatsApp Business App:
WhatsApp Business APP is built for all small business owners. This is basically free to download and use. The app makes it easy to personally connect with your customers, highlight your products and services, and answer their questions throughout their shopping experience.
Let us take the example of a Small scale Bakery or a cake shop! They create a WhatsApp Business Account using the Business App to reach more customers. Here's how the Business app helps:
- It helps in creating a business profile with helpful information for customers including address, business description, email address, and website.
- It lets the business show the catalogue that will showcase all the products and services offered.
- Quick replies help in saving and reusing the messages that are frequently sent so the answers to common questions can be sent in no time.
- It helps in organizing contacts or chats with the help of labels so that they can be easily found again.
- It lets you set an away message or other automated messages when you are unable to answer.
- It also allows you to create a greeting message to introduce your customers to your business.
WhatsApp Business API
WhatsApp Business API is built basically for medium and large businesses and powers the communication with customers all over the world, and connect with them on WhatsApp in a simple, secure, and reliable way.
- For creating a business profile with helpful information for your customers like your address, business description, email address, and website.
- Helps in sending customers the information they are expecting where they want to receive it. Respond to questions and provide support.
- Designed for larger companies that receive a large volume of messages, which can no longer be handled by the Business App.
- This also allows the businesses to connect the Business API with their WhatsApp Business Solution or to the WhatsApp CRM.
So basically the WhatsApp Business APP and WhatsApp Business API has their own features and are used for different use cases. The one more major difference is that the Business API requires approval from WhatsApp before you launch them.
Want to get WhatsApp Business API?
Apply for Free WhatsApp API with AiSensy & boost your sales 3x from Day 1!
While WhatsApp Business is tailored for small businesses & individual owners, WhatsApp API is built for medium to large businesses with large message volumes. But, if you want to: Use WhatsApp on multiple devices, Send WhatsApp broadcasts to Unlimited users in one go, Automate WhatsApp Chatbot, and Send clickable buttons with messages, Then choose WhatsApp Business API.
No, WhatsApp API isn't free. You need to pay WhatsApp Conversation charges for Business & User Initiated Conversations (varies country-wise) as well as platform charges for using a WhatsApp Business API-based platform like AiSensy.
Using WhatsApp Business API, you can: Broadcast messages to unlimited users (to opted-in users) Send messages with clickable buttons Get verified Green tick Integrate Chatbots to automate support.
No. Just like a phone number can not be registered on WhatsApp App and WhatsApp Business App simultaneously, similarly, a number can be either on WhatsApp Apps or the WhatsApp Business API.
Here is How you can Delete your Whatsapp Business App before Applying for the API: 1. Open WhatsApp 2. Tap More Options (three dots) > Settings > Account > Delete My Account 3. Enter your phone number in full international format and tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT 4. Select a reason for why you’re deleting your account in the dropdown 5. Tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT